The transition of moving into dentures can be a big one, but you can rest assured that Dr. Malhotra and his team are here to make the process completely seamless. Here is some information about the different types of dentures, and how they can benefit you.
Benefits Of Dentures
Dentures have various benefits. While it may seem that they only provide an aesthetic solution to missing teeth, they have proven to be beneficial in the following scenarios:
- Improve issues with speech
- Improve issues with eating or chewing
- Prevent teeth movement or shifting
- Prevent loss of bone
Types Of Dentures
Depending on the clinical and aesthetic needs of the patient, there are a few different types of dentures that can be used as a solution. The type of denture that is used is dependent on the patient’s aesthetic preferences, the presence (or lack thereof) of teeth in the mouth, and the presence of implants in the mouth. Below are the different types of dentures that are most commonly used:
- Partial denture: Designed to fit around the existing teeth in the mouth. The shade of the teeth and gums are picked to match the patient’s natural teeth and gums. Partial dentures are key in retaining the position of the teeth and the prevention of teeth shifting due to too much space in the mouth.
- Full denture: Full dentures are placed when there are no natural teeth left in the mouth. This is done to preserve the patient’s smile as well as to preserve bone levels.
- Implant denture: Implant dentures are designed to snap into place over implants. This is an excellent solution for patients who do not want to deal with denture adhesive and want a more “permanent” solution while still being able to remove their dentures.
To speak with Dr. Malhotra and his team regarding the best dentist in Ingleside, Tx, give us a call or drop by our office.